Due to the changes brought upon by the COVID-19 Pandemic in 2020, we continue doing follow-up appointments through telemedicine. This is where we will see each other through a video camera system called Doxy.me and you can remain in the safety of your home as we maintain social distancing policies to prevent the spread of the virus. we are currently only seeing patients in the office for their first visit education or if they require administration of intramuscular medications.
Before your appointment log in to Lumos Psychiatric Services Virtual Room and register with your first name and this will take you to a virtual waiting room where I will pick up the call from there to carry out your appointment.
Also before your virtual appointment, you must complete the screening scales we do at every visit. To complete them click on this link Screening Scales Forms. please enter the date for your appointment and your medical record number so we can identify them as yours.
Rules of Telemedicine
While using this method of communication we appreciate our patients complying with the following norms for telehealth appointments.
- Telehealth appointments are only done for established patients for follow-up after they have been evaluated for their first visit in the office. No initial evaluations will be carried out through telehealth.
- Patients must be fully clothed at all times during the telehealth session even if they are home or in bed. The session will be terminated if the patient is not fully clothed.
- Patients doing the telehealth session while in their car must be completely stationary and parked. The session will be terminated if the patient is driving during the video call.
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by either parent or legal guardian.
- We are not responsible for patient’s protected health information being divulged if they chose to carry out their telehealth session while in a public place surrounded by people.
- Telehealth sessions will not be carried out if a patient is in a bathroom or while conducting any inappropriate behavior.
- Patients must complete screening scales prior to appointment, must test their connectivity to the system, and be logged in prior to their appointment time. Logging in to the system after their appointment time can result in the appointment being re-scheduled.
Note: At times in Psychiatry there can be delays in the appointment time if a previous patient has clinically needed more time than the allotted for their appointment to help manage their condition and/or situation. Delays will not be promoted if they are caused by a patient being late to their appointment and not being ready on time.
Failure to adhere to any of the “Rules of Telemedicine” may result in the immediate termination of your session and rescheduling your appointment.